Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Marathon


Me at 236 Pounds Feb 2007 Exactly One year Later 80 pounds Lighter


I am so excited. I am training to run a marathon. This has been one of my goals 80 pounds ago. I promised myself that I would one day run a marathon. I remember then it sounded such a crazy idea that I would ever be able to do such a thing.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles in one hour and it felt good. WHAT THE HECK! I hate running. What is happening to me?

With this has come a new confidence that I feel in myself. I'm proud of myself. YAY! I know I won't be able to keep up with my super fit room mates while running the marathon but I will be so happy if I just finish it. yay!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

SUMMMMMMM! i didn't know you were blogging!!! i will update soon!!! I miss you, and we need to talk stat. I am soooo proud of you, you look way good, i am starting to get jealous

love you

Emily Frame said...

oh. my. gosh. you look AMAZING! i can't believe it! what are you up to?

Kirsten Krason said...

Hey Cousin!!
You do look so great. And I am really proud of you because I'm sure it hasn't been easy but way to go!!! Blogging is the best. This is crazy because the other day I was thinking "Candace needs to start a blog". I really thought that and my dream came true. Now we can keep in touch better. Jacob started one last night. You should check it out!
love ya!

Kirsten Krason said...

p.s. I am trying to run a half marathon so we should do that together.

Jacob said...

Candy! I'm glad you've started a blog. It's looks really neato. Good luck on training for the marathon.

John said...

A marathon! That is great. I ran one a long time ago. Next time I see you remind me to tell you about my experience.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Hey! It's Lindy Rawle! I knew you had facebook but I didn't know you had a blog. You really look amazing! You are so beautiful!!! Love your blog!!! You won't be able to view my blog because it's private, but I'll add you if you want just send me your e-mail on facebook or something!!!

ryne and danielle cardon said...

Candy girl, you look so great! Good luck on the marathon!

Zane said...

good grief my cousin! you look great! is that picture on the left really you? im proud of you. i was once a chubster and know its not easy. congrats keep it up!