Friday, June 6, 2008

The not-so-boring BLOG

So I just read my cousin, Jacob's blog and I realized my blog is dull - boring, WAHH WAHHH.

** thumbs down **

As much as I know you all love me, I know you don't really want to hear about my Ward and my Marathon antics... or at least not all of the time. Reading my cousin Jacob and Kirsten's blog I realized how W I T T Y our family is. Really, and truly.


I hereby proclaim that this blog shall no longer be boring. And if I get a boyfriend or a Fiance (HA!) like my best friend Lauren Groseclose (also known as Summey) my blog will not be forgotten.


With that note made, if any of you have any good, young, (1) strapping young men that would be okay with my fun, spontaneous, quirky personality and don't mind the occasional game of Halo here and there, please fill out an application. Or, simply leave a comment... or even better... set me up!!!!!!!!


***Notes***
(1) Definition of strapping:
A.
powerfully built; robust.
B.large; whopping.
C. Handsome, kind, gentle, good with kids. Generally is going somewhere in life.
D. Healthy in stature. (But if he is missing a toe or a finger I can look past that)
E. Empathetic
F. (In reference to definition "E") But not a sissy. Must be able to play sports with my brothers and cousins.
G. Must pass in an interview with father. (Please note that so called "interview" will not be formal or set up in any way. It takes place the moment the father figure sets eyes upon you)

Things that help with the Father interview:
  1. Degree or current enrollment at the following Universities:
  • A: BYU
  • B: Brigham Young University
  • C: BYU
  • D: BYUI (But two years at any of the three previous schools mentioned would help)
  • E: BYU Hawaii (Only if you are of Hawaiian/Samoan background and intend to play one of the following sports: Football. In which case you should be playing at University A, B or C... so that one is really on a case by case basis.
2. Eagle Scout

3. Took part in more than two extra curricular activities in High School.
(Note: Student Government gets you bonus points.)

4. Currently has a job

5. Served a Full time Mission

6. Is a BYU fan (If also a Braves Fan father may unintentionally favor you more)

7. Pays for his own schooling/car/phone/fiances etc. (Why? Because my dad did. And he likes it like that)

8. Must love me unconditionally. (But refrain from excessive P.D.A {Public Display of Affection} in front of the Parentals)

9. Can play Scrabble. And not just play... but really play.

10. Knows how to play Rook or is willing to learn and play often. After a six month period trial of learning must be able to play somewhat well or everything will be called off.

11. Is good at directions. (My father knows me well and knows that I am lacking in this area significantly)

12. Must be willing to invest in various projects that my father see's fit (but usually he would end up on top on this one because my father is GENIUS)

Please note: These are only things that would help with the father interview. I, however, am not that picky... so please don't be afraid to set me up on dates. You can submit up to 3 men per person. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Sincerely,
Candy Anderson


10 comments:

Jacob said...

Candy, thanks for the shoutout. I enjoyed this post. Apparently you, too, are very witty. But, I actually enjoyed your marathon post too, though. It's absoloutely crazy how much weight you've lost.

Anonymous said...

Some additional items and clarifications on the "Father Interview":
Any allegiance to a university that carries the nickname "The U" will result in significant loss of points. This from a dad whose license plate reads 2BLUE4U. The biggest determining factor though is that you be totally in love with my sweet daughter Candace (yes, I know - but I can't seem to embrace the nickname) and adore her. She has a great heart and I will require you recognize that and treat her like a daughter of God with divine worth. I am open any time for inverviews. Just call or stop by. - The Dad

Kirsten Krason said...

Your blog will not be boring. I am seriously so excited for it and I will check it everyday!

sdralphs said...

Candy!I am so glad you started a blog. I love blogging! My blog address is sdralphs@blogspot.com. You look so adorable and seem to be loving life. I am so happy for you! Stay in touch and let me know how things are going! Much love girl!

Lauren said...

SUM!!! i love the comment from dad. i love you and miss you. GOOD BLOG, i am proud that it is not lame, i am tried of lame blog. i must commend you. call me soon. K????

Anonymous said...

So what if I qualify for all those things but the attendance of BYU?

Miss Candy Anderson said...

To Anonymous:

Reveal yourself immediately! And the BYU thing will be in consideration to be over looked.

QUESTION! What kind of bear is best?!

Sammi Dee said...

candy this is hysterical! you know i think your family is super funny but this just takes the cake about your dad! i need to come to family dinner again! those were the good days!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm no inebriated fool and scrabble could become a forte for the lexicon I've brewed. I'm not so sure about promulgating myself just yet but I would have to say you have gorgeous eyes (from the poll pic), witty enough that I would have to keep up and last.... the best kind of bear is....

A Care Bear because im all about being born in the eighties!!!
Whooop Whoop!

Miss Candy Anderson said...

REVEAL YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY!