Saturday, June 14, 2008

Terrified




I am terrified out out of my mind to run this half marathon tomorrow. I am going to die. Part of me is re-thinking this whole thing. DO I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS? No, of course not. Who in their right mind wants to run? (Kirsten, I know you do, but you don't count)

It's not a full marathon it's a 5K. I know all of you runners out there think that's no big deal. BUT I DON'T RUN! You don't understand. I don't enjoy it. I force it because I know it is something that I should do.

I am going to do this anyways. I am making myself. Partially because I don't want to... and to spite myself. (Is that even allowed?) Here are the things I am most worried about.

  1. Not finishing
  2. Running by myself because all of my friends passed me up.
  3. Not waking up.
  4. Wearing the right thing.
  5. The beginning when everyone will run past me and I will be left in the dust!
  6. Wanting to quit.
  7. Running out of water.
  8. Getting too hot.
  9. Dying.
  10. Losing all of my hair.
  11. Not waking up.
  12. Quitting.
  13. Fainting.
  14. Dying.
  15. Going to the hospital.
  16. Being in a coma.
  17. The ride in the ambulance.
  18. My friends forgetting that I came with them and leaving me.
  19. Dying.
  20. Forgetting to say my prayers the morning I DIE!
I am terrified out of my mind.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Kirsten Krason said...

You will not die silly. If nothing else just walk if you get too tired. I am so proud of you. Please let us know how it goes and if you survive!