Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Little Things


You know those times where for some odd reason (and you never can quite put your finger on it) your body is just sore? Your neck tenses up and life is just SO UNCOMFORTABLE! The pain feels like your carrying an extra load on top of your shoulders and everything tenses up. I HATE THAT!!! Well that's what I was feeling like today. It was horrible. I had to get rid of it. I was getting desperate.

I became so desperate I asked my friend Micah (who I had heard from the girls next door that he had an infamous Micah-ssage that could cure anything) and pleaded with him to help me in my pain.

Well this blog is about the people who (I'm sure in their mind) do something small for you... but in that moment it meant the world! I have a new love and appreciation for my good friend Micah for helping me out in my pain and misery. There is just a love there now that wasn't there before. No, but seriously. Sometimes, it's just the little things that mean a lot.

Here are some other little things that just bring a smile to my face:


  • When my mom dances (and dances off beat)
  • Cheesy movies like:

Anne of Green Gables

Rigeletto


Darby O Gill and the Little People


  • The Spanish Channel
  • Over weight animals (I have a soft spot for them)
  • My blankey
  • Nuns
  • Seeing my little sister perform

  • People watching (and listening in to random conversations)
  • Ordering my groceries online

  • When people just randomly stop by "just to say hi"
  • Crazy homeless people



  • Thank you notes
  • Gentlemen
  • Playing Mafia with my brothers, sisters, mom, dad, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and cousin-in-laws
  • Road trips with your very best friend

  • Crazy fun nights with "Bonzo"
  • When the toilet over flows in your ghetto apartment and you make your room mate pose for a picture and she steps in it.

  • My cousins


  • The smell after it rains
  • Weekly inspirational personal text messages from my Bishop with words of encouragement
  • When people comment on my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..............It's all about the
.............. LITTLE THINGS!

With love,
Candy Anderson

5 comments:

Rob said...

Ok... the fact that you have Darby O'Gill and the little people listed as one of your favorite things makes me so happy... I will never get over how awesome that movie is. I have an annual tradition and always watch it on St. Patricks Day. I also can't figure out why you are obsessed with nunns, but they are also very awesome.

Sammi Dee said...

this makes me miss you!

Jacob said...

My favorite was the picture of Grandpa shirtless at the end of the video.

Kirsten Krason said...

I love Anne of Green Gables too. I watch it whenever it's on T.V. What a good post.

Sarah Jane Curtis said...

I like when you make those cool videos