Sunday, July 13, 2008

ROAD TRIP



My family and extended family took a trip to Yellowstone National Park. At least that's what we were told 8 months up to the actually vacation. 1 week before it apparently all of a sudden never was Yellowstone and we were always going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I am actually still not quite sure which one we went to. However, for the sake of my bloggers sanity (even though I was spared none by my mother in confusing me) we shall call it Yellowstone.

I was told by my mother to arrive at the house at 8:30 am. However, I guessed into their trickery and called my little sister the night before (playing dumb) and asked her what time we were planning on leaving. She told me 9:00 am. I KNEW IT! I caught them in their foolery and woke up at 8:00 am, was ready by 9:00 am around my and doddledapartment until I received a text at 9:45 am from Jace saying we were leaving in 10 minutes. One hour later we were finally in the car about to leave.

Apparently, I waken out from my Zombie-like-state (I generally take about 2 hours to completely wake up) because I then realized we were driving a Dodge Ram Quad Cab Larmie.

This confused me quite a bit. For these reasons:

  1. This thing is a beast.
  2. Doesn't this take a lot of gas?
  3. My dad is super cheap. Wouldn't he want to take the least expensive?
  4. AREN'T WE IN A GAS CRISIS HERE, PEOPLE?
I then ask,
"Um... Dad, how many miles to the gallon does this thing get?" My father then replies,
"We're hoping it gets 12-13."
Traveling 5 hours (or 5 hours was what we were told) in this thing...
I'm glad my family is doing our part to help out the economy. Ha.

Jace then starts teaching Demarie "Baseball 101" or the "Birds and the bee's of baseball" as he put it. He told her this would help her get a husband someday. He taught her the greatest pitcher of all time, Si Young, told her about the Si Young award, helped her memorize which teams belonged to which League's etc.

Five hours into the trip we then realized that this trip had been falsely advertised. It was not going to take us 5 hours to get there. But 7 and 1/2. This time, I had fallen for my parents trickery. Dangit! I knew I should have "Googled" it myself before we left.

Anyways, here are some funny clips I took of our road trip of us trying to entertain ourselves. Let me know what you think!



Jace me and Demarie singing "Gangsters" Paradise



Jace and me singing "Bohemian Rhapsody"




Jace making fun of Demarie at Subway because she is "Cranky Franky" and how mom always laughs at Jace's jokes and thinks he is the funniest person ever.



Jace "silent singing" because my dad got annoyed of us being so loud while he was "trying to think"


Click on picture to leave a comment

9 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

It's funny that everyone has a description next to their name but me. Hahaha...probably because you don't know what my title is. You are cute and I love your blog. I really wish I had the discipline to run a freaking marathon. You really are so beautiful!!!

Emily Frame said...

these vids are high-larious.

Sammi Dee said...

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY! THOSE VIDEOS WERE HILARIOUS! AND YOUR DAD AND HIS TRYING TO THINK...HAHAHA....CLASSIC!

Grace, Nicole, Summer said...

candy i thought it was funny how intertained yourselfs and i liked the pictures

Robert Fowler said...

hey so about that recipe on the sidebar: um i believe we have all the ingredients, Brett, Lenzi and I can each throw in a cup of spontenaity (sp), Maelyn won't have any trouble contributing 3 tablespoons of sass, and I don't think Bro. Alder would mind putting some music on for us. lol

Robert Fowler said...

so umm the videos on the blog didn't work for me but maybe it would be better to tell you that on your facepage :)

Anonymous said...

Candy I love yellow stone!! My parents are building a cabin up there! You best believe i will be calling you when its finished for another Yellow Stone Road Trip baby!!

Jeremy said...

Cy Young was an excellent pitcher

Sarah Jane Curtis said...

Hahaha that sounds like a fun car ride. But don't worry, Zane and I also took the seven in a half our ride. actually it was like eight, because we got pulled over twice and we had to stop for fifteen minutes to look for his cold sore medicine.