Tuesday, September 9, 2008

LOVE WAITS

Many of you have probably heard of them... the three new heart throbs that have taken over teenage girls hearts.

I downloaded a couple of their songs and was surprised when I liked their music. However, I refused to be apart of the "GIRL HYSTERIA" surrounding them. And just respected them for making good music.

Who are these three beautiful brutes that girls have been going gaga over?

Well I'll tell you.... Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas... or more famously known as....

The Jonas Brothers.

Last night, MTV celebrated and the 25th Annual Video Music Award Show (or the VMA's.) MTV is known for it's controversial surprises every year...

(Madonna's performance of "LIKE A VIRGIN," Michael Jackson's award he thought he earned, Britney Spears and Madonna's kiss... and how could we forget last year when Britney gave a very sloppy drunk performance.)

So, yet again... MTV surprisingly took an awkward choice when choosing UK Rocker Russell Brand to host the award show. Brand- literally an unknown in the US- is known in the UK for his outlandish remarks didn't hold back on Sunday night.

Brand first took a shot at President Bush calling him “that retarded cowboy fella.”

....Let me just stop right there and say as I have gotten older, I have taken the word retard out of my vocabulary and realized it is not something to be thrown around as an insult. If you would like to understand further why this is, take a look at this blog of my best friends mom, Jeni entitled, "She is not an insult."

So when I heard him say this, I was LIVID. How dare he come to our country and make fun of our President. If he has a problem with anythings then LEAVE!

While Brand’s political comments certainly brewed up a storm, what drew arguably the biggest response was Brand’s repeated jabs at the Jonas Brothers and the purity rings they wear as a symbol of their vow not to have premarital sex.
The three brothers, who also stay away from alcahol, tobacco and drugs, wear the rings on their left-hand ring finger as a symbol as a "promise to ourselves and to God that we'll stay pure until marriage."


At one point of the show, Brand crudely pretended he'd stolen a Jonas brothers virginity as he played with the ring on his hand. He then made a very rude remark (which I decided to leave out)

Jordin Sparks, who is also a fellow ring wearer, used her time on stage to rebuke the British funnyman's remarks saying, "I just want to take the time to say it's not bad to wear a promise ring because not everybody, guy or girl, wants to be a slut." (Gotta love her!)

I, however, have to say I have a new found respect for the Jonas Brothers and Jordin Sp
arks.

Now, besides respecting them for their music, I respect them as people and as individuals. It takes a lot as a celebrity to stick up for what you think is right.

Thank you
Jordin Sparks, Nick, Kevin and Joe Jonas for setting
good examples to those that look up to you the most.



Click here to comment




3 comments:

Lauren said...

i LOVE LOVE this post. I was also SOOO annoyed by the host and thought the SAME exact thing about both his Bush comments and the ones about the promise rings. I felt like he ruined the show for me.

Miss Candy Anderson said...

Sum, when I was watching it and he said that comment about President Bush I thought to myself, "I hope Summey isn't watching this she would be PISSED!"

what a lame-o

Hazen5 said...

Glad that there are still some good role models for teens to look up to these days!