Monday, December 8, 2008

A good thing for Provo


My Uncle is running for Mayor of Provo!!!

I'm so excited! I copied this post from my cousin,
Kirsten's blog to let you all know a little bit more about this amazing man. The other day 700 letters were sent out announcing he will be running for mayor. In the letters he says:



"I have decided to run for Mayor of Provo in 2009. I am running for Mayor to help ensure a strong and vibrant future for Provo and because I agree with Edmund Burke who said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Provo is facing a crossroads and, as with all similar opportunities, the question is: Will we rise to meet the challenges? My campaign will present a positive vision to Provo voters. I worry about the lack of civility in our system. I will champion solving issues we face through openness and inclusiveness. My administration will take the best ideas no matter where they come from. Passion and hard work, not politics, is how I approach issues. I will stand for safety in the community, build unity at all levels, and bring in businesses that will help our city by providing good-paying jobs and provide the economic base we need for the essential services of our City."


Along with my cousin Kirsten, I remember helping out with his campaign years ago. That was so fun to see our whole family pull together and help support him. It taught me a lot about politics at the age of 14.

My Uncle is a really great guy and I know he comes from a great family, as well as the one he has helped raise. I hope he knows I support him anyway possible and I encourage everyone to get to know their local Politicians running.



You can read more about it here and here and here.


Click here to comment


3 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Yay for my dad! I'm glad you are willing to help. We will need it!!

Sav Gardiner said...

Hey Riley's uncle is stepping down as mayor of orem after being in office for like 15 years. i guess he wants to retire cause he's like 65! but that would be awesome if your uncle gets elected!

Hazen5 said...

That is awesome! Now you are going to be even more famous.